Monday Evening Group, 8:00pm to 9:30pm
Tuesday Evening Group, 7:30pm to 9:00pm
Wednesday Evening Group, 8:00pm to 9:30pm
Our Gay Men’s Therapy Group is an interpersonal group that can be particularly helpful for gay men seeking to learn how to express their vulnerabilities and feelings with others. Our groups are open to gay men of all ages.
Our Gay Men’s Therapy Group can be particularly helpful around issues related to:
- Low self-esteem
- Intimacy and connection
- Shame and stigma
- Internalized Homophobia
- Dating and relationships
- Handling HIV issues
You can benefit from group therapy by:
- Obtaining feedback from other group members who are facing or have faced similar issues
- Experiencing relief from emotional distress through the process of interacting with others
- Improving interpersonal and coping skills
- Reducing anxiety, fear and isolation by engaging in a shared experience with others
- Practicing new communication techniques in a safe environment
- Boosting self-confidence
Why a Gay Men’s Therapy Group?
Group therapy is a powerful tool for fostering personal growth. It is a safe place where you can discuss shared issues, practice new ways of expressing yourself and modify how you view yourself. Many find this type of therapy helpful in learning about themselves and improving their interpersonal relationships; it can also bring relief to unpleasant feelings of isolation, depression or anxiety. Group therapy can also be a great way to complement the individual or couples work that you may already be engaged in.
Groups are a great place to interact with others while obtaining direct feedback about any distortions in your thinking that you may be having. You will be able to obtain guidance and different perspectives on how to handle specific challenges that you are dealing with.
You may have questions or concerns…