First Saturday of every month, 11am-12pm
Do you find anxiety prevents you from feeling present in daily life? Does depression make you feel disconnected from yourself? If you are struggling with these or other intense emotions, meditation can help you reconnect and ground yourself. Our meditation groups focus on learning to calm the body and quiet the mind by putting attention on a selected object, such as your breath or a sound. By coping with anxiety and depression through this healing practice, you can free yourself to live a more present, aware life.
Join us at our meditation and mindfulness group to:
- Cultivate mindfulness, the moment-to-moment process of actively and openly observing one’s physical, mental and emotional experiences.
- Learn how to manage depression, anxiety and stress through meditation practice.
- Explore how to integrate a simple meditation into your daily life with the aim of increasing energy and fostering a peaceful state of mind.
- Learn the postures and breathing techniques that you can use in your own practice.
- Learn about resources to expand your meditation and mindfulness practice at home.
Martha Early, LMSW is an integrative psychotherapist who incorporates meditation and mindfulness techniques into the therapeutic process. Martha believes everyone can benefit from contemplative practice with the right support and adjustments. She maintains her own meditation practice and is heavily influenced by the teachings of Tara Brach, Dharma Punx’s Josh Korda and Thich Nhat Hanh.
You may have questions…